Wednesday, April 8, 2009

Zoological Park

*I like to move it move it, he likes to move it move it, she likes to move it move it, we like to move it*

 

Master 1 has master the singing of Madagascar

theme song. Even master 2 has started to boogie with the song, so I thought that it was time to take master 1 and 2 to the zoological park. Since I couldn’t take the two masters by myself, I waited for piggy to arrive before we go out as a family. The last time I went to the zoo was a few years back. I didn’t want to take him to Malaysia zoo, simply because I feel that taronga zoo will be nicer for the kids and me (I simply feel uncomfortable walking in the humid weather, sweating during the journey).

DSC_0005 

Therefore, we have decided to take public transport after doing an intensive last minute research on the best way to go to the zoo and searching for discount. Decision such as 1) is it better to drive all the way to the zoo. 2) Should we drive half way and catch the ferry? 3) Should we take full public transport from the house to the zoo 4) should we not go because it is just too much of a hassle? Finally chose number 3. As usual, packed like we’re going on a 1 week adventure, the first transport we missed was the train from our house. So we waited for another 30 minutes for the next train. Master 1 seemed to be excited, and I asked where we were going, his respond was, “jungle”. I was cracking up. I guess it was my mistake. Before I left the house, I was telling master 1 about the jungle, and how we are going to see the entire animal from madagascar. Coincidentally, he was wearing a shirt that resembles a jungle like theme. So I’m guessing he thinks we were going to the jungle to see the animal hehe

So after a long train journey, we stepped out into Circular Quay. The weather was marvelous, sunny, breezy and it was perfect (even though lee saw on the news that it was going to rain), but nevertheless, it still looked perfect and I was crossing my fingers. We bought our ticket at the ferry wharf to the Taronga Zoo. Cost us $88 for two, which includes ferry, bus transfer and entrance fee. It was a little expensive, but at least the kids got in for free (master 1 and 2 under 4 years old).

DSC_0192DSC_0012 

The ferry ride was nice, we sat inside, didn’t want to ruin my hair hahaha, and the kids seem excited about the ferry ride (first time for master 1 and 2). When we arrived at the zoo, we took the cable car and started our walking adventure. Master 1 was in awe seeing all his favorite animal, and kept on going on about the tiger. We did not manage to see the tiger; it was probably sleeping or hiding. Well at least he kept quiet after that. DSC_0015DSC_0029DSC_0016DSC_0021DSC_0018DSC_0039DSC_0038

What I liked about the zoo is the environment. Its nicely looked after, and surrounded by water, so the smell of water and the cool breeze makes the journey in the zoo nice to walk. Its funny seeing master 2 fine hair swaying in the air. 

DSC_0179 

(zoo surrounded with water)

DSC_0131 DSC_0129 DSC_0127 DSC_0119 DSC_0117

(look at master 1's hair)

 DSC_0109

(family portrait with the in laws hahaha just kidding)

DSC_0135 

(trying to get sid to have a big ear, but u can obviously see me in the background, trying to lift him up)

DSC_0105

( measuring himself)

DSC_0104 DSC_0091 DSC_0086

(checking out the zoo map)

DSC_0085 DSC_0079

(pit stop, time for lunch)

DSC_0070 

(one of his fav animal, giraffe)

DSC_0054

(Do i have to touch this??)

DSC_0051 DSC_0045 DSC_0069

(look at his leg!!muscle!)

 DSC_0036 DSC_0035          DSC_0183

After walking for 4 hours, we had to head back to avoid the going home rush period. So again, we rushed all the way home. What a day, it was so tiring; poor piggy had to back pack master 2.

DSC_0030DSC_0032DSC_0187DSC_0186DSC_0022

 

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

its so nice to see piggy there with you all! (feeling mushy now).

(still laughing)

SF

Redbabe said...

wow..... looks fun! i bet master 1 & 2 had a great time. Zoo is always great for kids...:)