Tuesday, November 11, 2008

How do you categories your friends?

This blog was suppose to be published a couple of weeks ago, but was too lazy to post it up, so here it is after 2 weeks sitting in my draft folder.....

excerpt from MSN



**** says:
i oso have to say thank you to you too... for being so helpful and accommodating
**** says:
oso sorry if i have hurt/offended u


me says:
what for?


**** says:
i've grateful that we r so close...


**** says:
for being around me loh



This is what a close friend said to me today. That was nice of her, what a nice things to say and it did brighten up my day. So the topic for the day is friendship. What is a friend?How do you categories them??



This particular close friend, who is more then that ,told me that she is no longer close to her best friend. They had slowly drifted apart and wanted to salvage their friendship before its too late. She said that she felt lost when her best friend got married, she was scared of loosing her. No, she is not a lesbian hahaha but she's scared that once married, the time they spend together likes sister will no longer be possible....this is what she told me.. "my fren.. she is one person who will help you no matter how small or big the favor is, unlike **** and so on, it depends the kind of favor u ask.. then she will consider and then she will decide...
i dun dare to ask favor from her d". ..


Obviously from my view, not everyone will help you, i told her that you may have lots of friends, but how do you categorise them and how do they categorise you?




In my circle of friends, there are 4 categories :

1)Acquaintance - recently met, say hi and bye, dont know much about their family history, will only meet up if required,not close enough to reveal personal details



2)Friend-Hang out once in a while , not close enough depend on, cant be too straightforward, must be careful with people's feelings



3)Close friend- someone who you can sometime depend on but not all the time, call last minute and tell them that you're dropping by their place vice verses, asking them out for dinner last minute, not afraid to be a little straightforward, keep in touch often, borrow stuff that you dont have



4)Best friends- someone who you can depend on most of the time, pour your feelings, straightforward , truthful, share your deepest darkest secret, and feel happy when they are around..



But some people take friends for granted, never appreciate the things that their friend do or some even expected that its their right, like as thought you owe them....



Its nice to have friends in our life, share your thought, share ideas, someone to lean on and lastly, having fun... so when is the next girls night out???

2 comments:

Redbabe said...

hmm... i think i am under the category of 'friend'. hehehe... but if you wish to upgrade me to 'close friend', can call me for dinner once awhile. Only thing is, I stay in Tmn Desa now. :p

Gerry said...

I agree with Gladys. hehehe.. looks like I am also in the "friend" category. But thanks for putting down the details of the different categories of friends. I think you are right about that and it makes me feel that I should reflect on how I treat all my friends... Thanks An, for the inspiration. :)