Wednesday, November 26, 2008

Time to chill .....

A few days ago, Piggy decided to take us out for some cakes and drinks. Both of us needed to indulgence ourselves after a hard day at work(Yes, i had a hard day at work too you know). We decided to venture the whole family to Coffee Bean. Luckily we managed to find a comforty couch instead of the hard chairs. Looking at the selections of cakes, pastries, pies and biscuit made my tummy grumble. So i ordered my favourite cheese cake, and piggy ordered a different type of cheesecake.Next, what to drink... i told piggy to grab me a small hot chocolate ( needed to control my diet, after all, cheesecake and hot chocolate at 9pm!)

When the yummy cakes and drinks finally arrived, my small hot chocolate suddenly became a tall glass, looks like a mug of beer. How on earth am i suppose to finish it?Well piggy told me it was only extra 50 cents so he ordered me the large instead...

While taking the chance to enjoy myself (without much success), the two little masters were mucking around. They seem to be entertaining the other guests at Coffee bean.

Trying to relax and enjoy myself, i zone myself out and looked across. There was another family, similar to us. Two boys playing happily, jumping from one end of the couch to another. The youngest was happily playing with a piece of straw given by his father, and you could see the parents finding it interesting that they all took out their phone to snap photos. They were too trying to chill out, but with their kids around running, i dont think that was possible.

Later on, the mother seem to drift to her own world, sipping her drink and eating her cake.She didnt seem to be paying any attention to what is happening around her. The poor father had to do the job of keeping the kids in line, and at the same time eating his cake. It seem that every scoop of cake he takes, half falls on the floor. After observing the family for half an hour, piggy asked me whether i wanted to go as the kids were showing their sign of boredom. I said yes and stood up too.Coincidentally, the father said something to the wife, and they too both stood up to get ready to leave. After coming back to my sense, i realised that the family i was seeing was my own. The reflection says it all...........





2 comments:

Redbabe said...

hehehe.... suddenly so many updates... hehehe... hopefully you dont day dream till u forgotten how which is your family.. :p

The Pig said...

Mummy An, can't seem to view your shoutbox leh.